Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mercy and forgiveness

what is mercy? what is the definition of mercy. what about forgiveness? how do you know when it is to stop to forgiven someone. we forgive someone when someone maybe drinks your orange juice or uses the last bit of cream cheese. what about a person who is raped or someone murders your child do you forgive someone then? now the definition of mecy is compassionate treatment of or attitude towards an offender. in this case mercy that jesus shows us is an ocean of forgiveness because as sinners we do not deserve gods love because of how we are as human beings and to show us how to be and to show us how to love by his only son living, dieing and riseing from the cross shows his love in itself. now god is very loving towards us and he forgives us for our sins if we ask for forgivenes and if we are sorry in our hearts he will forgive us. if god can forgive me for my sins then i can forgive others who have sin against me because think about it. god doesnt want none of us to hate each other he wants us to love each other and to be kind to one another. if everyone held a grudge on every sin or wrong weve done to one another then the world wouldnt change. because thats what we do now in days is we hold grudges against each other and some people have hate towards each other. if a person kills my mother, will i be vengeful? would i want that person to pay? yes naturally i would want revenge because thats my mother someone i love? but if i show hatred towards that person then what kind of a person would i be? what kind of an animal would i become no more better then the murderer himself. but i am equal to that person i should show forgiveness towards that person because god forgives me for my sins. god doesnt want me to have hatred in my life or want me to live my life in pain. he wants me to love and forgive my nieghbor who sins against me. matthew 18:21-22Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times
some people cant forgive people and sometimes only god can show forgiveness and mercy.
thats what makes god so great well one of the reasons is that he is merciful. it would be impossible to be perfect but were perfect in gods eyes if we fallow him. he is the only one who will love us more then anyone ever can. he accepts us for who we are because he made us. the thing is we have a choice. we do not have to believe in him we are not forced to love him or forced to believe in him. its our choice that we have to make.
now the next time someone sins against you or does wrong think how can i work with this person god wants me to love this person and not to live with guilt or pain in my life he wants me to love and live in his name. i am a sinner and i do not deserve his mercy but i believe in his son who raised from the dead who is the lamb and who promised everlasting life and he has forgiven me so i should be able to forgive this person. also if you forgive a person then as a person it looks good for you not to brag but if you seen a person being so forgiving it kinda gives motivation to be as loving as that person
God is stronger

No comments:

Post a Comment